first off, happy friday! tgif :)
secondly, i have good/bad news... which do you want first?
let's start with the bad news, shall we? as i previously revealed, i was chosen as one of two designers to be featured on an upcoming episode of showhouse showdown! my episode was set to air on october 24th but the remaining episodes have been postponed...
hgtv says stiff competition in the monday night television lineup is the reason it has decided to delay further episodes. the issue, producers said, is competing shows on competing networks... folks are tuning into mnf, two and a half men, and dancing with the stars (damn you, football/ashton/dancers) and hgtv just isn't getting the numbers of viewers it needs right now to justify airing its new lineup. hgtv says it has invested a lot of money into showhouse showdown and still believes it will draw viewers. hgtv will air the remaining episodes once the network determines a more favorable and fabulous time slot... my sources tell me the first of the year!
i have a compiled a list of why you should still tune in... and perhaps why the show would still be around had they aired my episode prior to the disappointing numbers... i kid! ;)
let's talk about why:
1. we had the largest turnout of all the shows with more than 800 people...
pittsburgh people, you rock!
2. our houses were also valued the highest at around 750,000!
3. i was without a doubt the only female designer brave (stupid) enough to rock 6" platforms all week... this alone is worth seeing? yes?
4. because he "didn't like the colors in the house... they didn't go."
was he wearing his tinted eye glasses indoors?
5. bob and i take a shower together... or wait, is it bob and marty?!
6. because she thinks "the kitchen is fantastic... i could move in today"
7. my competition, joe berkowitz, fearlessly rocks a ponytail...
and facial hair that is designed to perfection... a work of art in itself!
8. did i mention we had the largest crowd... :)
but all kidding aside, the good news... i will now have more time to shamelessly promote my episode in addition to an airtime with more viewers! plus, according to my sources... my episode is fabulous!
stay tuned, xoxoxo